Friday 5 September 2008

Rain stops play

The Welsh leg of our caravan break was abandoned yesterday because himself didn't like the weather and the forecast of continued rain. Amid mutterings of 'what are you going to be like on a boat then?' and extended periods of nil conversation because I was having a sulk, we headed home. Wet dogs, wet dogs towels, wet dogs bedding, wet boots (ours, not the dogs) and wet coats are not very clever in the confines of a caravan where getting things dry is a challenge that you are not going to win. So it is back to routine for a few days, the washing machine is thrashing the mud out of the dogs towels, Joe is out walking the boys in the rain and I am doing my early morning blogging.

I suppose I should start some packing and cupboard cleaning; perhaps I will just have a look at what Dogs on Tour are up to first.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise decision - there's nothing quite as horrible as Wales in a downpour (I should know!). We keep putting off our trip - the Severn is shut and we're stranded in Sharpness. Please please let us have an indian summer soon.
Sue, Indigo Dream
ps. I have limited experience of caravans but boats are very snug in all weathers provided you can moor up, batten down the hatches and get the heating on.

Nb Yarwood said...

Sue
I echo your sentiment about the indian summer - I am just about to pile layers of wet weather gear on to walk the boys, Joe has lit the coal fires and I have prepared a casserole for tonights meal!
NB Caxton

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

Oooooohhhhh, it's been hot here! Na,na,na, naaaaa, naaaghhh - if that's how you spell it. Actually, I believe Wales is under water now so that's a smart move. Yours isn't a Caraboat as I recall...I do hope all sulks are gone now?

Nb Yarwood said...

Oh, that is soooo cruel - there's my holiday up the Swannee and she laughs!
Sulks are long gone - until the next time of course..
Nb Caxton