We have had a number of visits aboard Caxton from the team at Streethay and we have tentatively agreed to having work done. At present though, we are awaiting a written quote.
We have a verbal estimate for putting a four foot stretch in the bow, creating a hold under the elongated well deck, fitting steel doors (like those of a beer cellar) into the new deck that will not let water in to the boat and a new cratch cover.
We also have an estimate for a revised dinette that will give us more usable floor space in the saloon - two labradors take up quite a bit of space don't yer know..
We also have price for building more cupboards in the galley.
We are awaiting a price for constructing two glazed side hatch inserts that will allow us to keep the side hatches open even in the most inclement weather.
If all is finalised and agreed Streethay anticipate starting the work in mid February. We will then drag our caravan out of storage and find a pitch close to Streethay Wharf where we can be at hand so to speak.