Saturday 27 February 2010

Paint Fest


I have just arrived back at the caravan having spent some considerable time today on my back
-- painting!! 
Anything else would be wishful thinking...
Anyway, back to Caxton.
 The hold has been primed and undercoated.  This is where I am stranded on my back wealding a paintbrush and roller ensuring that the roof of the hold/underside of the well deck is liberally coated in paint and not likely to rust.  The new gunwales are primed and sanded to produce that essential non-slip surface and the extended well deck is also now in non-slip mode.  I have left himself painting the rest of the gunwales while I prepare the evening meal and try to get the latest coating of grey paint out of my hair.




The new section has also been blacked with two coats and will get its third tomorrow.

4 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

No stretch marks!

Anonymous said...

Caxton looks great - I bet you can't wait to be back on board.

Sue, Indigo Dream

Nb Yarwood said...

They are well disguised Bob!
Lesley

Nb Yarwood said...

Thank you Sue, we are very happy with the 'rightness' of our decision to stretch Caxton. There is more space of course and if you factor in the hold space then there is a LOT more space, but there is also more 'balance' now.
Lesley