Friday, 15 January 2010

Change of plan

We have decided not to have Caxton stretched at Streethay Wharf for reasons I won't go into on the blog.   Having made our decision and emailed Streethay we then had a word with Barrie Morse, a Boat Surveyor, and then Caxton's hull builder, Graham Reeves.   Reeves Boatbuilders could do the work we require but it would mean getting Caxton lifted out of the water and transported to their workshop and then transported again and dropped back into the cut, none of which will do the chandeliers and cut glass much good..  However,Graham recommended a boat builder who he rates highly to do the steel work so this morning  I gave the chap a call.  He called back with a price at lunchtime, we accepted.  So shortly we will be making our way to Braunston for mid Feb where Caxton will be hauled out and a five foot section added to Caxton's well deck.

5 comments:

Mukiwa said...

Would it be possible for you to let us know the name of the builder you have chosen?

evelyn booth said...

Lesley. We hope to be at Braunston by car for the Ownerships Show w/e 6th and 7th. Feb
Wonder if you'll be there by then? Hope for better weather than same time last year; maybe the snow's come and gone early this year.

Evelyn Booth

Nb Caxton said...

Hi Mukiwa
Graham Reeves, the hull builder, recommended Dave Thomas Boatbuilding.
Lesley

Nb Caxton said...

Hi Evelyn
We might well be at Braunston, or at least very nearby so we don't abuse the mooring restrictions, by that weekend. If we are then we have got to meet up, yes?
Lesley

Anonymous said...

you"ll be at the bottom of atherstone or foxton but nowhere near braunston never heard of winter stopages morons