Saturday 14 August 2010

It starts with doors and only gets worse

Stage three on the side hatch doors - Joe starts the scumbling with Fletcher's guidance of course...
And another coat of red
Dutch Barge, Alie tried to lay up alongside Caxton this afternoon to disembark a group of elderly passengers but when we couldn't get a secure enough landing we moved off WITH ME AT THE HELM OF A DUTCH BARGE to find another landing.  After a couple of hundred yards I handed over to the Skipper - this fangled wheel things were far too confusing for the likes of me - and he turned the old gel (1922) and moored further along the town wharf.  I got a guided tour of the old lady and I must say I am TEMPTED! All that space wow!!
And finally, I thinks I might have broken my toe - lesson to be learnt, DO NOT Kick the bed!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

OW, oooo thats a hop and curse injury!! Hope you are ok, I know how much that hurts!

Nb Yarwood said...

Debbie
Amazingly, no cursing... A bit of hopping about but no expletives - a first I think.
Lesley

Andy Tidy said...

Ow, ow, ow,ow oooooooowwwwwwww!