Friday 7 November 2008

How many locks?


Above, Caxton just leaving Alvecote where we had filled up with diesel, 60/40 split, £1.20/80p. We are moored tonight just short of Atherstone and the flight of 120 locks - well alright, eleven locks but as I will be up to my elbows in them tomorrow it feels like 120.. Last night we were moored near Tamhorn Park so today we have covered 11.5 miles - and I have walked 11.5 miles! When next seen I expect to be about five and a half stone with muscles like Garth.. Loving it though!

3 comments:

Halfie said...

Now all you have to do is build up your DOGS' muscles a bit more ... attach a tow rope ... Well, huskies tow sleds!

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

Er...I'm not sure you're quite getting this narrowboating lark...you walk 11.5 miles when you HAVEN'T got a boat...

Anonymous said...

Hi joe & lel hope every thing is alright i see you are in Brinklow at the moment , thanks for wishing me & julia happy birthday, both another year older, i see the boys met some new mates, now i know how to get on the blog i,ll send you more messages keep on barging.

Mick &Gloria


P.S Happy birthday to Joe for Monday.