Friday 26 June 2009

Done and Dusted

Tuesday came and the removal men turned up at 9am with a trailer and storage crate. We have arranged to store some items for two years with an option to extend the term. It is a balancing act between the cost of storage and the value of the items you wanted to store. We have been quite unsentimental about things - in fact most of the home has been given away to keep storage costs reasonable the result is that we are paying £7 per week for secure storage in a a warehouse which seems acceptable.
The removal men were very adept at cramming a quart into a pint pot, or 'pint crate' but we still had to fore go the spare bed and fridge. My brother and sister-in-law arrived with a high top transit and trailer and we proceeded to load all but the kitchen sink - actually that might have got loaded as well..., onto and into said transport. They went off looking like the Clampits had been a visiting!
We headed for Caxton with a heavily laden car, me, himself, the dogs and all the treasures we thought we would require on the boat;quarts and pint pots again!!!
Anyway we are done and dusted with our land based life and just getting a few chores done ready for the off, or which more later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A golden moment - all the best for your new life on Caxton.
Sue

Nb Yarwood said...

Thanks Sue. I do find that the smile on my face is becoming a bit of a feature - lucky bugger that I am!
Lesley

James said...

Fantastic! I remember well the feeling of slimming down all my personal possessions. I got rid of about half to two thirds of everything that I owned, and it was a very liberating experience that made me realise that, at the end of the day, it's just Stuff- and if there's no memories attached to it, it might as well go!

It looks like the final hurdle of becoming "proper" liveaboards is nearly surmounted- I'm sure the first night on Caxton as your actual home, and not as a floating adjunct to the cottage, will be sweet and well worth the wait!

Regards, James.

Nb Yarwood said...

James, IT WAS!
Lesley