Wednesday 28 September 2011

Going in circles....again

We have been taking ourselves off walking with the dogs of late - you may note that I say WE, as opposed to I... Yes, indeed, Himself has been joining the us in our explorations.  I have found some more circular walks we have tried and I have taken it into my head to walk the length of the River Severn - in bite \sized chunks though.
We came across this charcoal burner in the woods

 and the heap of prepared wood to go into it.

This magnificent oak by the banks of the Severn had a diameter of at least 6 feet - any guesses at how old it is?

Our walks along the R Severn from Bewdley north towards Bridgenorth is often in the company of a Severn Valley Railway steam train.

This lovely bridge across a tributary to the Severn was built in Coalbrookdale

The lovely wooded banks of the Severn

No comments: