The build of Caxton is progressing nicely but the house sale ain't gonna happen in the foreseeable future. That therefore means mothballing the house and one of the cars. So what now has to be done to facilitate our smooth move onto the boat?
We need to shift our telecomms service provider and cancel existing arrangements.
Having decided to use a T-Mobile package we are going to switch over in early September so we can bed things in for a month before we are off to Caxton.
We need to reduce utility bills for the house.
Going to get the water company to fit a meter - no standing charges therefore, in theory, no bills.
Reduce our direct debit to the electricity provider to account for very little usage - we want to keep a supply on for when the house is checked.
Sort Insurance for Caxton and get a licence.
I have emailed a selection of insurers that are on the Waterscape web site and requested quotations. If anyone has view of the best insurer, let me know please.
I have also downloaded the Licence application in readiness.
We need to redirect our post.
Friends have offered to deal with our post so we will sort a redirection with the Royal Mail to their address. We will also reduce written communications to a minimum if possible.
Just a few things to be getting on with in readiness for our new life style!