Saturday 6 November 2010

Blue Bell en Somme


The Blue Bell Cider House, formerly a farm apparently. We are having Sunday lunch here ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Caxton's current mooring with a Somme-like towpath alongside.  The towpath hereabouts is very poor indeed.
I wound this bridge up yesterday and Caxton passed through, "Matilda Rose is just coming out of the lock" says Himself so I stood and waited, and waited , and waited until along comes a Landrover wanting to cross to the farm.  So I wound it down again and then I wound it up again!  All practice and exercise I suppose..
Jill wound this one whlie I watched....so much easier.
Sadly, just beyond this lift bridge, was a drowned dog.  We met the owner further along the canal enquiring about a missing Jack Russell and were at least able to tell them about their pet's fate.  Very sad.   
My two mutts watchingJoe prepare their dinner.

2 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I once went to a pub for a lunch timepint on a tractor.
It was The Stracy Arms on the Acle New Road, half way between Gt Yarmouth and Acle on the banks of the river Bure.

Nb Yarwood said...

You show-off Brian!!
Lesley